11.07.2007

visiting France

I had always loved stories about Europe, being one of the most romantic places in the world. If we could travel outside the Philippines, I’d like to go to France, stay in one of France hotels and just roam around the city. G & I would be delighted to go up the Eiffel Tower, the world’s tallest building in 1889 which was designed by Gustave Eiffel for the World Fair. Aside from this, we’d also like to explore Louvre Museum and see the Louvre Pyramid for my own eyes (I was curious about it since I watched Da Vinci Code). Louvre Museum is one of the biggest museums in the world, housing the works of the famous painter Leonardo da Vinci. To avoid long queue, it will be better if we join the scheduled tours for visitors where tours to Leonardo da Vinci's paintings like Mona Lisa will be a breeze.


Aside from the beautiful museums, we'd also take the chance of visiting several wineries in the area. Though I am not a wine drinker, I want to know more regarding how wines are made and process. I might also do some tasting. Who knows, I might appreciate the taste of it after the visit. Besides, wine is good for the heart (as long as it is taken in moderation).

We'd also love to join one of the river cruises like the night cruise on Seine river around the illuminated bridges of Paris. It will end with a dinner in one of the restaurants in Champs-Elysees, the Chez-Clement Restaurant. After that, we will be staying in one of the Paris hotels to relax and just watch the stars from our room's windows.

Paris is a small city and it is best to check on the attractions in foot. With these number of attractions in Paris plus the fact that they also have very nice hotels, it is already one of our 'to-visit places before we die' list.

Eiffel Tower at night

Louvre Pyramid

Chez - Clement Restaurant

No comments: