10.16.2007

Marimar

I was in fourth year college when this first hit the screen. I was not able to watch any of the episodes then though I was curious with the story because everyone was talking about it. My classmates would rush home to UP Breha just to be able to catch the day's episode. All I knew was that Marimar was being played by Thalia (the woman with a 20-inch or 19-inch ba na waistline), then there's Sergio and their talking dog Fulgoso. I don't know anything more than that.

10 years after, Marimar hit the screen again. This time this is in Filipino and played by local artists. We are fans of Kapuso network at home and for sure, I'll be able to watch the show. But during the earlier episodes, I had to work late at night. After we eat dinner, I'd usually go back to the computer and finish my articles. I had no time to watch any of the teleserye.

Then last week, Thursday, G went home early and so we ate early. We had the chance to watch the whole episode of Marimar. Then the next day, G went for an OT so I was left home alone. I just sat down and watch as much TV as I wanted. I was again able to watch the whole episode of Marimar. Last night, I was really hooked. I had to let my boss wait for me because I was still watching Marimar :p (I hope he won't read this)... and so again tonight, I'll make sure to watch again... good thing, our scheduled sleeping time now is after Hwang Jini (another koreanovela that I am beginning to watch).

Last night, Marimar (Marianne Rivera) informed Inocencia (Nadine Samonte)that she already remembered her past due to the explosion. She can now remember clearly that her father was Don Gustavo (Jestoni Alarcon), that he fetch them from their place to bring to his home in Manila. On their way home, there was a plane crash and no matter how they tried to hold on with each other, they were still separated.

On the other scene, Kim (Cristine Reyes) and Sergio (Dingdong Dantes) started dating already. Kim was successful in seducing Sergio and since Sergio wants to forget Marimar he started focusing his attention to Kim. Whie they were in a restaurant to celebrate Kim's birthday, Sergio saw Marimar with Esperanza (Bing Loyzaga) passed by. She tried running after her and shouting her name, calling her Marimar.

When Esperanza and Bella (as Marimar is called in the mansion) got home, Esperanza asked Bella who was the guy that was running after them. She answered that he is Sergio, her husband... but she doesnt want to see him because he left them. Then Esperanza asked her why he called her Marimar, and who is Marimar. She explained that she lied to her, and that she is Marimar and her father is Don Gustavo. They were crying during this confrontation... though Esperanza didnot fully believe in Marimar, she said that if she were to choose she'd be happier if she is indeed Marimar...

for tonights scene... Esperanza will bring Marimar to Gustavo to tell him of what she discovered... another scene to watch out...

I hope I was able to tell the story good enough :) because I plan to write more often about Marimar (that is how addicted I am now) :p

9 comments:

lira said...

I'm a marimar addict also. I've been watching this from the start. I also like Marian as the Phil Marimar.

mari said...

i think she looks good for the role. she's not that OA :) i guess i have someone to compare notes with from now on :) thanks sis! i'll add you na pala.

mari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
popcorn said...

Hi Mari, I'm so curious about this series, so the setting was changed to Manila ? Ganon pala.

May talking dog rin ba ? :)

mari said...

hi popcorn, thanks for dropping by :) yup, the setting started in a town where Marimar grew up with her 'grandparents' then she met Sergio and they got married. after that Sergio had to leave for Macau (ata, not sure) for a drag racing so he left Marimar. then Marimar decided to move in Manila (that's the current setting now :)

sorry napahaba :)

jane said...

hi malu (sorry, i'm used to that), you can have a way of catching up.one of my friends in Austria is able to watch pinoy teleseryes from you-tube. you know, there are pips uploading them there even if it's not really allowed. i never tried that. what we did instead is subscribe tv channel services online at a rate of 250php/month.option 1 may be better for you as you only need to catch up on one particular telenovela :) cheers!

mari said...

yup, i did start checking already sa youtube and have been watching it na rin. I hope GMA won't ask youtube to delete it uli :) thanks for the info.

ei, i'll add your site sana kaso i can't find your link :)

Arlene said...

wow mari, you are watching Marimar din pala. I am actually trying to catch the teleserye while doing some work at home din. hay, been so busy! when i have the time, i'll try to check youtube na lang rin or better yet see some posts from you here.heheh :)

Rosemarie said...

and i am another one in the line who is addicted to marimar. i would ask anyone from the house to wake me up if marimar starts. i was not able to watch the real marimar cos i was hooked up with rosalinda that time.hahahahaha...